Thursday, February 21, 2013

Febs

We made cookies on Valentine's Day.

I am usually resistant to such activities--easily deterred by the potential for massive, chaotic, sugar-highed mess making.  This year, I got past that.  However I got totally stressed out in the "set-up" trying to preemptively mitigate potential frosting wars and sugar-sprinkle bombs all over the house.  Gonna have to work on that part because when we got to the actual decorating...we had a ton of fun!

The kids were so proud of their creations.  I was too.  And as a bonus, they were the best tasting sugar cookies we've ever made.


We made different colored frosting with gel food colors, which I love!  The gel is way prettier than the liquid food color.


I manned the baggies of frosting; they were in charge of designing and spreading and sprinkling.  The system seemed to work pretty well.

This is one of Elia's favorites.

Emerson's cookies were mostly pink.

Austin was most proud of this one.

The sheer brightness of it all was worth the mess. 
 And when they were done, I got to play with the leftovers....







No comments: