Monday, August 27, 2012

Surviving Summer

Visits from grandparents are definitely a summer essential for our family.  They help us get motivated to do things we don't normally do.  For instance, visit the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch.  It's a drive-thru safari featuring mostly African animals.  It was more peaceful and more entertaining than I expected.


Buffalo.  HUGE.
Some horned-cow from Africa

Lots of horned creatures

The Wildest One of All

The zebras were amazing.  It is breath-taking to see them so close.  This fellow did a full-on photo shoot for me.

The signs say not to pet them because they bite, but my kids didn't care.  Danger?! Bah!!!

"Wazzzzup!"

He would have hopped in the car if we had let him.


Nana drove admirably through the safari with a pack of monkeys on her lap.

Ostriches are weird.

That's a llama lying there (aka baby goat pedestal).

Crazy soft fur!

That sheep was grumpy.  Can't blame her though; she's surrounded by grabby kids all day long.  Or wait, is that me?  


Little bugger tried to eat my skirt. 

Whose scat is that?

Austin was so proud to have captured a baby goat.

Baby ostrich.  Weird.

She's a champ.

I know.  So gross right? Nestled down in a bed of red sand, food pellets and not food pellets.

But I didn't stop her; I think she was identifying with the goats.

That boy melts my heart.

Oh and grandma's are really good at reading books.  Thanks Nana!  You're the best.

No comments: