Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The last hoo-rah!

I convinced my trampoline-owning, stellar-mama friend Shayla to host an End-of-summer-messy-as-can-be Party!  Got the idea from Meg at Whatever.  It was worth it.  I think.  Dear Shayla is so gracious and so hardcore that even if she regretted it, I'd never know.

How many kids can you fit in a wading pool?  However many kids you've got.

Hannahs!

Trampolines are summer-essential.

This lady is stop-at-nothing awesome.  She sat in the 100 degree summer sun blowing her precious air into this elephant slide for about 20 mins.  Talk about sacrificial love!

Left the foam begin!

"See Jesse!  It's okay to smear white heavily perfumed stuff all over yourself.  Mommy does it!"  This is what I mean. Sacrificial Mama love.

Emersnow

My favorite doo of the day.

Elia went bonkers and was charmingly hilarious about it.

He reminds me of someone out of Dr. Seuss, someone whimsical and happy.

Cream station.  I still have six cans unopened.  Let me know if you'd like to host your own shaving-cream party or if you're running low on Barbasol.

The kids got quite a kick out of it...

...until it got in their mouths or eyes.

Austin was adamant about not participating--for about 30 seconds.

The wash-down.  
Thank you for hosting Shayla.  You're the bomb.

What a summer it has been.  June was pleasant.  July was AWESOME.  August was, erm, challenging.

But all summer was full of adventure, and that's what I was truly hoping for.   As a result, we have a clearer sense of our identity as a family.  We know each other a little better.  We are stronger and more adaptable than I supposed.  I am full of hope that our big 'ol family is going to bless this world in ways that no one else's can.

 Go V-Force!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like a blast! Such cute pics.

Shayla said...

That slide was totally worth it! Thanks for the great idea, I love puntuating the ends of seasons with a special hurrah, let's keep doing it.

I love hosting, seriously my mom was just telling me how I used to make a toy buffet for guests who came to play when I was really young. It's just one of those things. Whoop shaving cream mohawk.