Monday, November 12, 2012

Where did October go?

Apparently I missed the month of October in terms of blogging.  But we did not miss the fun!  So hang on to your britches because this week will be blog-catch-up week!

Papa came to town.


We are really lucky that Papa's work brings him to Austin every couple of months because he and Mimi live in Amarillo, which is quite the drive.  And although there is nothing quite like basking in the warmth and wonder of Mimi-and-Papa's-house, I'm so glad we get to see them for brief weekends.

Often they invite the kids to spend the night with them at their hotel, which is nothing short of childhood bliss.  Didn't you just love hotels when you were a kid?  For me it was always felt like an exotic foray into long hallways, miniature bath stuff and bed jumping awesomeness.

I can hardly imagine how rich my kids hotel memories will be--all saturated in swimming pools, breakfast buffets, in-room Easter egg hunts and total MimiPapa love.

No comments: