Monday, July 16, 2012

In 1952 on July 16th

My mom was born.  She had blond hair and sparkling blue eyes.  She still does.


I know this photo is wintery and out of context for the month in which she was born, but it is one of my favorites.  She will tell you she doesn't like it and that it's not "her".  But I don't think that's true.  Ok, vibrant rainbow colors are not her usual wardrobe palette.  She is typically all elegant and soft in blues and browns, creams and corrals.  But this photo is not necessarily reflecting the rich-gentle hues of her inner self.  

I see this as reflecting what she gives out of herself.  Like a rainbow on a cloudy day, she brightens peoples' world.  She pours out vibrant shades of kindness, thoughtfulness, generosity and acceptance.  Somewhere along the lines she got the nick-name "Janta".  Why?  Because she is like Jesus and Santa--she rolls into town joyfully giving gifts where they are needed.

She is pure goodness of heart.  And I am so honored to be her daughter.

Happy Birthday Mom.

I love you!

1 comment:

Michael said...

This is spot on. Happy Birthday to a special lady!