Monday, July 30, 2012

Sandy-ego

Sorry it's been a while.  Apparently UNacclimating to awesome weather, constant outdoor time and relaxation is harder than I expected.  This first week being home has been "grouchy" to say the least.

So lets look back at the week before, in which, we basked in sand and sun and grandparent glow.  

The view from the balcony of the beach house Michael's parents so graciously shared with us!

The water was cold, and the kids could care less.

My husband has building in his blood.  No small-scale castles for us!

I think you can find the rainbow just about anywhere if only you look hard enough.

Elia endearingly named these "Ham Jellyfish."  They were everywhere but the sting didn't hurt too bad. 

I was really taken with the distinction between shadow and reflection.  Both reveal form but only reflection reveals color.  There seems to be some truth to mine in that dichotomy.

Beach bunny.

We occupied the entire top floor of that building in the background, and yes, it was super awesome.

Also full of the builder instinct.

The Brave One.  She did not fear the surf one bit though it bested her more often than not.

Sandi V-Force

I love it when she is silly.  I hope it never goes away.

Such peace-of-mind to know your kids are safe in one place.

He will be a surfer at some point.  I'm sure of it.



No comments: