Tuesday, July 24, 2012

More Vacay

All right, I've got to step it up a notch.  Life is moving on and I can't dwell in this vacation hangover much longer.  There is a LOT more to the Redwoods stuff, but I'm going to save those for another day when we all need a healthy dose of green.

Onwards to San Francisco!...

We drove to town that evening.  The kids took their first city bus ride down to Fisherman's Wharf.  We ate clam chowder in bread bowls because that is exactly what Michael and I did ten years ago when we honeymooned in San Fran.  It's the only place in the world where I find clam chowder tasty.

That black rock in the distance is Alcatraz.  I couldn't be bothered to hunt for a better angle for love of the chowder had consumed me, or rather, I it.  
A chilly and determined V-Force

We were in exactly this spot ten years ago.  Would have never imagined, back then, revisiting the city with four of our own little warriors in tow. 
Last tourist stop, Ghiradelli.  It was anti-climactic but tasty.


Ever the artist.  I love this girl.

And the most splenderific moment!  Michael and I had thus endured two weeks with no espresso.  Our dire need and greatest delight was a morning stop at Ritual Coffee.  If you need real deal coffee in San Fran, GO THERE.



No comments: